Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Political Director
Salary: $65,000-$75,000 commensurate with experience
About Electing Women Alliance:
Electing Women Alliance (EWA) is a national network of local giving groups that bring women together as a community to support Democratic women candidates. Our goal is to inspire intentional, informed giving to increase women’s political leadership and close the political gender giving gap.
Although there has been some progress in recent election cycles, women still make up only 28 percent of Congress and 24 percent of governorships. The US ranks 71st in the world in the number of women in elected office. And while women candidates rely more heavily on women donors, women make up only 38 percent of all donors.
EWA is a national network of giving groups that host in-person events for US Senate, governor, and the White House. We work in partnership with WomenCount, an online donation platform that supports Democratic women up and down the ballot – from school board to president. While WomenCount and EWA are separate efforts, they partner regularly and share mission and vision, team members, and operations.
MI List was established in 2004 as an independent political action committee to elect pro-choice women to state and local office in Michigan. MI Listhas raised and distributed more than one million dollars since its launch. MI List continues to change Michigan’s power structure to expand and defend women’s reproductive healthcare rights and to support women in leadership. MI List has strategically selected and prepared candidates to compete in important elections. We guide candidates at every step of the way, from educating them about the mechanics of running for office to connecting them with former and current office holders. We analyze and assess the viability of Democratic candidates in various districts and collaborate with key resources and caucuses. This approach, together with the dedication of MI List supporters, has achieved a 67% win rate for endorsed candidates.
Founded in 2016, Fems for Dems (FFD) is a Michigan political powerhouse that harnesses the power of women across Michigan. Launched by a handful of women in Oakland County, Fems for Dems has grown to include more than 10,000 volunteers across the state of Michigan. FFD volunteers collected tens of thousands of signatures for the 2022 Reproductive Freedom for All ballot initiative – a signature drive that shattered records. Recognized nationally as an important influencer on issues prioritized by women, FFD works to engage, educate and activate their communities. Standing strong on the eight core values of every woman’s right to choose, sensible gun violence prevention, immigration rights, LGBTQ+ rights, social justice and equity, access to affordable, quality health care, protecting the environment and ensuring all children have access to high quality education; FFD takes action to promote and protect these core values and help get Dems elected up and down the ballot.
About the Position:
The Michigan Lead is a new position that will have responsibilities for launching and managing a local Electing Women group focused on national US Senate and Governor’s races while coordinating with MI List and Fems for Dems on fundraising for state legislative races in Michigan. The Michigan Lead will grow a community of women donors who want to help close the political gender giving gap at the national and state level.
Specific opportunities and responsibilities:
- Work directly with the EWA team to vision and execute a comprehensive and ambitious membership and development program;
- Prospect and outreach to potential members;
- Organize and execute multiple fundraising events per quarter, including coordination with candidates and their campaigns;
- Maintain accurate database of current and prospective donors and member donations;
- Lead stewardship activities, including regular communications with donors, reporting, and other forms of relationship building;
- Help create local Steering Committee of members;
- Engage in regular communications with EWA, MI List, and Fems for Dems teams.
Attributes and qualifications:
Women of color are encouraged to apply. We recognize that no candidate has all of the following attributes so we encourage you to apply if you have many or most:
- Three to five years of experience in political fundraising, political organizing, or similar;
- A track record of commitment to women’s leadership and empowerment;
- Existing relationships and connections within the women’s political donor community, and Michigan specifically, is preferable;
- Outstanding personal and relationship management skills;
- Ability and desire to hustle, think proactively, take initiative, and be a self-starter;
- Excellent writing, organizational and time management skills;
- Willingness to travel across the state with some national travel;
- Commitment to working collaboratively in an inclusive and collegial workplace.
EWA is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
This is a mid-level, full-time position with a salary range of $65,000 to $75,000 commensurate with experience. Electing Women Alliance offers benefits that include health insurance, paid holidays, and vacation. We are also looking forward to building out a more developed benefits package in the future.
We are also open to discussing a more senior consulting role where the consultant would spend at least 50% of their time on this project.
Our team is remote and distributed across the country. We like to get things done, while also valuing each others’ time and work-life balance. We typically work flexible hours in both remote and hybrid environments.
Overview of hiring process:
- Submit resume and cover letter that specifically outlines your interest in this role and relevant experience;
- Initial interview;
- Complete an assigned exercise;
- Final interviews.
- Our goal is for the Michigan Lead to join the team by March 2024.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.